Tuesday 6 October 2015

Dragons and Sunflower Finished Art

 I'm posting the finished dragon paintings from yesterday here.





Yesterday we used paint and painted paper for our finished art. Today with the older group and a little longer class time I added a preliminary step to the process. Students used oil pastels to draw their flower centers, stems and leaves. We applied our flower petals using the same technique but the oil pastel resisted the wet paint allowing our centers, stems and leaves to peek out from behind the petals. My older artists got very creative with their dragons. We had a low relief dragon created by folding and bending the paper to stand out against the painted background. We had dragon's the emerged outside of the traditional picture plain some subtly, others more so. I'd love to say that I have a favourite (I actually do, one of the finished artworks below was created by one of my own children, as a mom hers is my favourite. I think it's amazing.) but as an art instructor I see amazing things in each finished art work posted below, and also the other two paintings that were still too wet to hang up when I took these photos. Watching today's artwork unfold I was very excited to see all the different directions my young artists were going with their art.









No comments:

Post a Comment