Monday 12 October 2015

Voting, Thanksgiving and Low Poly Masks


My thanksgiving weekend started with a visit to the early polling stations and voting. Very glad I chose to go in early. The rest of my weekend was a blur of cooking, and friends and family and friends that are family and family that are friends and loads and loads of food.

In between I managed to get a few mask shapes printed up and put together for my painting and drawing lesson tomorrow. I'm hoping to get two more put together before class tomorrow but with a dentist appointment and the possibility of running back and forth to drop my youngest off at child care before I head back in to teach I'm not going to put a lot of stress on  myself.

I put together a time lapse of putting the masks together from the template I purchased from Wintercroft Design. I contacted Steve and Marianne Wintercroft when I purchased the templates for the masks I have made to ask their permission to use them as still life objects in my painting and drawing class and they graciously consented.  I like the low poly masks as a painting and drawing subject because the geometric shapes break down the surface planes of the mask features and will make talking about light and shadow a little more simple than with an organic shape or an object that is colourful. I'm very excited to see how my students approach the subject.

Tomorrow's Arts Enrichment is a moon and owl based project unless I change my mind on the way over....

Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Canadians and if you stood in a long line up to vote early this weekend I salute you!


No comments:

Post a Comment