Monday 2 November 2015

Printmaking in Painting And Drawing

I love the concept of relief printmaking with kids. Over the last few years of teaching at Artspace I've included printmaking in one form or another at least once in each term. I have a few different types of printmaking techniques I've used and one of my favourites is using Styrofoam plates to create a relief print. I have been playing with the idea to add a multi-lesson reductive two or three colour printing lesson to this terms plan. It's a daunting plan, there's a lot to keep in mind: alignment of paper, reverse images, inking, carving and studio management.

I've put off the lesson for a few weeks as I've mulled these things over. While I think I've gotten some aspects figured out; there are others that I'm still feeling unsure about.


No comments:

Post a Comment