Sunday 24 January 2016

January Gets Away From Me

In the posting department anyway.


It seems that the added number of classes I'm teaching, combined with the planning and executing of a birthday party for my youngest, daily routines and the addition of volunteering duties with my eldest daughter's school are keeping me much too busy for posting on the a regular basis.

So on the one hand I'm gloriously busy and on the other I'm too swamped to share what I'm doing.




I've added the video I created for the art career fair at my daughter's school last week. I presented as an art educator and wanted to share some examples of my art lessons and the art done by my students. (just one of the activities that has filled my time)

On a personal art making note I've also slipped in time to do some personal work (granted the project was conceived as an option to read to my classes in preparation of creating some jelly fish art but I'm doing it in my own time and may not finish it in time to present to this terms classes) I've started a handmade book using a grouping of haiku poems as the inspiration. I'm using the book as an opportunity to explore new mediums and techniques . So far I'm pretty happy with what's come out of it. It's a pretty organic process so far and I'm having fun with it.

With my teaching load so full I decided that making art for personal reasons was a high priority and have been using time I might have used to post about lessons taught during the week to do some of my own art. I've added a few images below of some work in progress.

Detail of Jellyfish book page

Detail of pen drawings of jellyfish on stencilled gessoed paper

As January comes to a close (and Mercury leaves retrograde) I have high hopes that I will be able to focus more of my time on posting here as well as keeping up with all the other activities piled on my plate. 

How is your year beginning shaping up? Are you as jam packed and scrambling as I am or are you weathering the new year transition more smoothly?

No comments:

Post a Comment