Wednesday 23 September 2015

Mini Exhibition: Joy Walker Inspired Tape Drawings


A few doors down from Artspace there's a coffee house that displays some of the art that is made by the students at Artspace.  The photo above shows the randomly selected tape drawings that the coffee house has on display now. The  art that wasn't chosen for the coffee house are on display at Artspace. You can see them in the photograph below.






The lesson was based on Joy Walker's  tape drawings. We talked about lines and their use in creating art, the different types of lines in Walker's art and how to make our own tape drawings.

As always I allowed a great degree of freedom for my students to explore the media assigned to the day's art lesson and their own ideas.

Happily I was not disappointed. The students explored line length, thickness and creating shapes and space. They also made great use of colour in their projects and in some cases adding
even more pattern with their paint.

All the art created yesterday went above and beyond my expectations. I have never been let down in my expectations for what my students can create. This lesson was no exception. It was a great beginning for the fall term and a great lesson.

Topping this weeks lesson is going to be quite a feat



No comments:

Post a Comment