Saturday 26 September 2015

Saturday Class: More Of The Same But Different

By looking at my posting history one would think that all I do is post new entries here.  This last week you wouldn't be far off. Starting a new blog is a slow process and I always find the beginning to be a little lonely with only one or two posts in the first week or so. I find writing posts to be a time consuming process.

Getting the ideas out, uploading images and deciding what to share take time, and then there's the proofreading process which I will admit I am a little out of practise on. I've been trying to go through each post before it goes live and again after I've had some time away to catch any mistakes in grammar or phraseology. Feel free to grammar police me if you see anything I miss.

Today is the last class of the week for me. So far registration has been a little slow for my parent participation Art Exploration class and today's Painting and Drawing Class has been cancelled for this term due to lack of registration. My preschool class, which has always been my fullest class is a go so I'm headed in to make more art with kids again today.

Usually I have a separate lesson plan decided for my Saturday classes but the leaf projects from earlier this week were so amazing that I'm going to keep that theme going. I don't know exactly what I'll be doing today, that should come on my walk to work while I collect leaves from the sidewalk and grass in the neighbourhood. Sometimes no matter how good a lesson I have planned is; I just feel the need to change things up. I know it's not the most ideal thing to share on a blog about building and sharing lesson plans but I think it's important to share the spontaneous side of my lesson building with you too. In fairness; the spontaneity usually fits within the same parameters. I'll expand later when I've shared today's end results.


I did mentioned the book I used with the lessons on Monday and Tuesday but I thought I'd share the cover and link here to Amazon in case you were interested. A Leaf Can Be by Laura Purdie Salas is beautifully illustrated with dreamy images and the text paints a word picture while being simple and poetic that using the book as a starting point for making art is almost a no brainer. The number of ideas I've gotten for lessons with this book, based on both the illustrations and on the words themselves is worth owning this book instead of hoping that it's available at the library when I need it.


No comments:

Post a Comment