Wednesday 25 November 2015

Owls and Fire Flies

This week we focused on monochromatic art in Art Exploration. Using oil pastel and watercolours we brushed orange onto yellow orange oil pastel and turquoise over top of blue oil pastel to create a yarn wall for a small owl to make a new scarf. We read Little Owl's New Scarf to get inspiration.

Little Owl in the wool shop. Oil Pastel, tempera paint
and pre-cut construction paper owl shapes 


Arts Enrichment and Art Sparks have been painting using sponge rollers, pom poms and pencil grips to create an early evening sky with glowing fire flies inspired by The Brightest Star.

Tempera paint on mixed media paper with sequins

I have a Pro-D camp on Friday which is now consuming all my planning time. I want to do something different and have had no luck with my test projects. I have visions of my idea hanging in the windows at Artspace for the holidays.... I do have a backup in case inspiration fails but fingers crossed.

I also have a birthday party to prep for this weekend. A mixed media under the sea themed project is simmering in my head.....

Busy busy busy

No comments:

Post a Comment