Friday 11 December 2015

Winding Down and Getting Wound Back Up

December always creeps up on me and this year more so. Between birthday parties, Parents Nights Out, volunteering for my eldest's school's PAC, School performances and collaborating on the window display at Artspace with one of my fellow instructors time has gotten away from me.


My after school painting and drawing class has come to an end. We finished off the term with an artist trading card making session and a small talk about art abandonment. I took some time to go through all the artwork that had not been taken home and package it up in folders with a small note to each students thanking them for their time with me. One of the parents of a younger class member took the time yesterday to let me know how excited her child was with all the art she brought home and the impact of my thank you note. I'm feeling pretty good about the term and already have some new ideas for Winter term. The penultimate lesson was a full on painting exploration of planets in space. 


We are gearing down with the rest of the terms classes. by next Saturday the term will be done. My main focus at the moment is to get a parent participation lesson ready for the end of term and the plans I made at the beginning of the term don't excite me as much as I'd like, so I'm exploring, looking and thinking so I can build an exciting lesson.


No comments:

Post a Comment