Thursday 10 December 2015

Shaving Foam Puff Paint

In the past I've used homemade puff paint to make snowmen, and the earth. My fellow art teachers at Artspace have made polar bears, ice cream cones and cupcakes.


To make the paint you mix equal parts foam and glue. Some would say this is easy and on paper it is. However I've never quite gotten the measurements exact what with the expanding nature of the foam. I eyeball it and mix it as best as I can. At Artspace we've used liquid tempera and also gel food colouring to the mix to create marble colours and full on tints.










I just love how each of the snow men created have their own personality. 

which leads me to the discovery I made last year when I had my little explorers make earth in space one of my artists scraped away some of his puff paint from the circle we were painting into earth. The paper was beautifully marbled. with this in mind I created another shaving foam paint lesson for the next lesson that focused on making those marbled masterpieces. I'll be making use of the left over paint this morning for that very thing. I'll post with those soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment